Conferences coordinated by TLFA exceeded expectations, several of which had extensive waitlists demonstrating the interest/need for innovative learning experiences. Each includes an advisory committee, which TLFA believes is a critical element to planning and engaging key stakeholders while building relationships and consensus. When partnering with TLFA, we coordinate all aspects of the planning such as: communicating with speakers & presenters, organization of all logistics, facilitation of planning meetings, development and design of all conference materials & publications (evaluation reports, resource toolkits, outcome reports, etc.), and coordination of volunteers & staff.
TLFA also utilizes a unique activity at conferences and convening’s called Conversation Café, derived from World Café. Conversation Cafés are structured small-group conversations to engage individuals in a fun, inviting, and open dialogues that serve to generate new ideas with broader solutions. The strategies and emerging themes gathered during this activity are then created into a guide to the field.
TLFA Planned Conferences (in chronological order):
- Cultural Competence & Mental Health Southern Region Summit XVIII – Beyond the Talk, Practicing the Walk: A Path to Bridge the Cultural Gap (December 2012)
- California Community College Chancellor’s Office Foster Youth Success Initiative 5 Anniversary Statewide Training Conference (October 2012)
- Early Childhood and Mental Health Conference – We Can’t Wait 2012: From Science to Practice Relationships Matter Early Childhood Mental Health 0-5 (September 2012)
- Supporting Students with Behavioral Health Challenges: A Conference for Southern Region Community Colleges (April 2012)
- The Impact of Violence and Trauma in our Community: Building Effective Community Solutions Conference (August 2011)
- Prevention WORKS – A Southern Counties Convening (January 2011)
- CC25I Convening’s (I, II & III Final Convening) (January, June & November 2011)
- Casey Family Programs Connecticut (April 2010)